Saturday, October 16, 2010

Family

In August my Aunt and two cousins came to visit us. We had a wonderful wonderful time with them. Here is the girl showing them some of our favorite haunts - the aquarium and the zoo.





A little story, too. My Aunt gave the girl a little pink tutu skirt, with pink tights and a shirt with a ballerina on it for her birthday. She also gave her a little cat wearing ballet clothes. The girl says 'Its just what i've always wanted!'. She also started dancing around the living room, spinning while holding the cat above her head. It reminded me so much of the dance the little girls do with their dolls in the first act of Nutcracker. Growing up that dance always seemed a little false to me - too sweet to ring true. But i've never seen anything sweeter than my girl doing that dance. If i could go back and redo prologue at this late date, i know i'd do a better job, just picturing that joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment